Site of the Day for Friday, October 12, 2001

        Secret Society of Happy People

"The Secret Society of Happy People was formed in August 1998 to encourage
the expression happiness and discourage parade raining. (Parade-rainers are
those people who don't want to hear your happy news). Somewhere between The
Ed Sullivan Show and The Jerry Springer Show talking about being happy
became politically incorrect. We're more comfortable airing our dirty
laundry than telling people we've had a happy moment. The Society believes
happiness is contagious and that when more people talk about happy events
and moment, it will be chic for everyone to do it." - from the website

Take a look at the "Top Ten Happiest Events, Inventions and Social Changes
of the [20th] Century".

For some very positive things to be happy about in a troubled world, skip
along to:

http://www.sohp.com/

A.M. Holm
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>