On 18/05/2016 13:42, Max Ivanov wrote:
can backtick (or combination of other scripts commands) can be  to NOT
set env var on error?

 I'm pretty sure that any case can be achieved with the current behaviour,
but I agree that ugly contorsions are necessary for more than one case,
so I'm ok to add an option switch - but the semantics need to be right
(and it won't be -z, which I prefer to only use for something related to
reaping z-ombies)

 What exactly is the behaviour you want:

 - don't exit on error, just keep exec'ing
   + do you just define "error" as the subprocess exiting anything else
than 0 ?
 - but completely undefine the variable, in order for later tests such
as importas to pick that up?

 Is that right, or have I missed something?

--
 Laurent