Hello there,

I have a small issue to compile s6-rc.

I am trying some skarnet tools (execline, s6 and s6-rc). As I want to test them and to install and uninstall them easily, I use GNU Stow (https://www.gnu.org/software/stow/). I have chosen to install them into /usr/local/stow/skarnet.

I have successfully built and installed skalibs, execline and s6 using the following commands:

    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/stow/skarnet
    make
    sudo make install

But when trying to build s6-rc, it gives me this error :

    > make
make: *** No rule to make target '-ls6', needed by 's6-rc-fdholder-filler'. Stop.

This can be fixed be creating a symlink :

ln -s /usr/local/stow/skarnet/lib/s6/libs6.a /usr/local/stow/skarnet/lib/libs6.a
    stow -d /usr/local/stow -R skarnet

So I guess there is a lib path missing somewhere, but as I have never written any configure script, I am not sure how to fix it. How should it be fixed ?

Best regards,
Guillaume Perréal.