./configure: error: target armeb-linux-musleabi does not match the \
contents of /usr/local/lib/skalibs/sysdeps/target

The configure script is displaying the default path to the sysdeps directory (based on the --prefix flag) instead of displaying the provided path to the
sysdeps directory; i.e. the error message should instead read:

./configure: error: target armeb-linux-musleabi does not match the \
contents of /path/to/sysdeps.cfg/target

 Indeed. Fixed in the latest skalibs git, thanks!

However, when I tried to build execline the compiler tried to include libskarnet.a from the host machine when linking the programs:
 (...)

exec armeb-linux-musleabi-gcc <snip> -L/path/to/staging/usr/local/lib \
-Wl,--gc-sections src/execline/cd.o /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libskarnet.a /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libskarnet.a: error adding symbols: File format not recognized

 Agh! I knew I had squashed a good number of bugs with toolchains' link
paths, but this is not a toolchain problem, this is a make problem.
 Could you please edit your generated config.mak file for execline,
and add a line just containing

vpath

right before the line starting with "vpath lib%.a" ? Then run make, and
report the result. If it builds correctly, I'll know exactly what and
where the bug is and have an easy workaround; if it doesn't, it will
require more investigation.

 Thanks!

--
 Laurent