This change is intended. Laurent had never meant for s6-envdir to
ignore directories, the previous behaviour was just a coincidence.
When I made him asked him about this last week, he immediately made the
parsing code in skalibs stricter.

 To be more precise: the fact that directories were being ignored was
a consequence of a bug in the implementation of openreadnclose. Fixing
the bug changed the behaviour of s6-envdir, but the new behaviour is the
one that had always been intended. Sorry if you relied on the previous
behaviour.

 I will add a note about the contents of an envdir.

--
 Laurent