Laurent Bercot <ska-skaw...@skarnet.org> writes:

>  Your next door "echo" command will do just that (or s6-echo
> if you risk having dashes and want reliable behaviour in all cases).

That brings me to another question: is there a collection of
more execline utilities somewhere? I suspect the standard
GNU coreutils are not quite to your liking in a lot of cases.

>  The shell has the exact same default behaviour. I didn't want to
> gratuitously diverge from the shell. But I agree "elglob -0" is the
> behaviour you want most of the time.

Would you be open to switch the default behavior?
Maybe with a warning message on `-0` that it is the default
and will be removed after a few releases.
I suggest something like `-k` for “keep”.

>  It's not a "zero string". It's zero word. Which means the "${f}"
> argument is replaced with nothing at all, not even an empty string.
> So the tests resolve to:
> test -z
> and
> test -n