On Jan 6, 2011, at 2:18, Thomas Schneider wrote:

> Christiaan:
>
>> No, the problem is that you won't accept my explanation
>
> No, I understood your explanation and it's not relevant.  You didn't
> explain why N numbers are needed when obviously 1 (with 4 values) will
> clearly do to set the state of how the entire document is viewed.
>
>> I am not saying that the information is expensive. My point is that
>> using this information is expensive.
>
> I agree that setting page rotations for every page would be expensive,
> but that's not what I want so you are thinking about the wrong
> parameter(s).  It's could be a terminology problem but when I say
> 'rotate' you apparently think about the PostScript rotate command,
> which is not what I am talking about.
>
>> Moreover, this is NOT a bug. It's the way the program behaves.
>
> If the way a program behaved always defined what it should do then
> there would never BE any bugs!  As far as I can see this is a design
> bug or (minor!!) oversight to an otherwise beautifuly built program.
>
>> For good reasons. It also does exactly what you ask it to do: reload
>> the data from disk (page rotation is part of the PDF data).
>
> Yes, page rotation is part of the PDF data.  That's not what I'm
> talking about.  The program does not do exactly what I ask it to do:
> create a stable display at the current hand (!!!!) settings.
>
>> A bug report list is NOT a place for discussion.
>
> Take a look at the discussions about SeaMonkey under bugzilla.  In
> many cases, holding a discussion outside the bug report location is
> awkward at best because they are disconnected.
>
>> Moreover, I've said before, I'm not going into lengthy and
>> frustrating back-and-forths anymore, where I have to repeat
>> arguments that are subsequently ignored, and the conclusion has
>> already been drawn.
>
> Right.  Please don't repeat your arguments again.  Your arguments so
> far have not been relevant to the issue at hand.  You have not made a
> logical case for needing N variables.  That's why I'm asking for
> others to discuss this with since you apparently are only thinking
> about one of the three (at least) kinds of rotation and not about the
> thing I'm concerned with.
>
> Tom

I don't need to make a case, I only stating a FACT. And another FACT is that
there don't exist three types of rotations, there is only one: the rotation of
each page. The fact that there are multiple ways to affect this one piece of
data does not change this fact. If you want a reason for these FACTS, then try
to argue with Adobe.

Everybody is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.

Christiaan