Christiaan:

Thank you VERY MUCH for so actively keeping Skim going!!

> A new version of Skim is available for download at
> <http://skim-app.sourceforge.net/> or using the built-in updater.

When Skim launches, I get this message:

   A new version of Skim is available!
   You have 1.4.27.
   Version 1.4.29

When I click 'Install Update' a 'Downloading update ...' window appears
and then immediately on top of that is another:

   Update Error!

   An error occurred while downloading the update.
   Please try again later.

The only option at that point is to 'Cancel Update'.  This happened
repeatedly on a Mac OS X 10.11.6.  However, on 10.10.5 and 10.6.8 I
had no trouble updating.  I have a clear connection to the internet.

Any idea what's wrong or what to do?  Previous updates went ok.

PS:  To make it easy for people to report exact error messages, it
would be best to make ALL text of popups be cut/pasteable [if you
can].

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator