Please file the return with the details that you have. Once u file the
return then website (NSDL) will show the status as mismatch of challan
details. Now write a letter to assessing officer for correction in challan
attach copy of ack. along witht the letter then he will make the correction
in challan on NSDL server.

There is no use of contacting Bank &  NSDL they do not have access to change
the details

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 4:44 PM, pawan kumar
<professional.pa...@gmail.com>wrote:

> If mistake in challan found after long time , whom to be contacted ?
>
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 4:30 PM, namrata agrawal <
> namrata_jind...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>   Sir,
>>
>> We should contact to bank and not the department.banks should deposit all
>> collected Tax to the CBDC in next day before 10.30 am. If we paid tax
>> wrongly then we have to contact immediately bank tax refund cell "not the
>> branch" and explain the problem and ask for solution( refund).If u don't
>> have any contact number or mail Id then u can simply call bank head office
>> (take number from net) and get the Numbers of contacted person.
>>
>> CA NAMRATA S. NIMODIA

-Santosh Dhoot