Hi Jonathan,

as far as I know, most keyservers which offer dumps update them weekly.
However, if these dumps don't take longer than 24 hours (that should
hopefully be the case, although David Benfell mentioned that "dumps
[are] taking progressively *much* longer" than 8 minutes over time), I
see no reason not to create them every day if you want to do so. It
might be a waste of resources, but if that's okay because nothing else
runs on the server, why not?^^

You just might want to consider switching to a cheaper server with less
powerful hardware one day, I think. If you have enough spare resources
to create daily dumps, this sounds to me like you're investing too much
for a server which is only meant to serve PGP keys. :/

Best regards,
Tobias Frei

Am 13.07.2014 12:50, schrieb Jonathan Zhang:
> [...] Is taking daily dumps reasonable? I'm not running anything else
on that machine. Suggestions welcome.

[Sorry for the double e-mail, I forgot to send the answer to the list
instead of using a simple reply :)]