Hi,

Adding proof of work can only prevent an attack that depends on a huge
number of useless keys. Someone else once mentioned that a single key with
an illegal image ID can already cause huge problems, and deleting such a
key can become the only way to be legally allowed to continue running a
keyserver.

About lacking keys, well, if the pool selection mechanism causes working
keyservers to be removed, that's a separate problem that needs to be solved
after this one, I think. It should not be an argument for or against this
suggestion, but instead needs to adapt to the current situation.

Best regards,
Tobias Frei

(sorry, I accidentally sent this as direct reply instead of list reply
before)