you can spin up a second instance on the same host, perhaps bound to
127.0.0.1:21370 and 127.0.0.1:21371. Have your public instance also peer
with the localhost-only instance, and the locallhost-only instance peer
only with your public instance. Then you can start and stop the
localhost-only instance to dump it.