SKS is still resilient to anyone wiping out all references to my public key
and replacing with their own for a man in the middle attack, you can go
check multiple servers and compare keys against each other.. I can check
keys in my local keystore or transmitted via other means against whats in
SKS, its also resilient to keys being removed to prevent verifying data
signed long ago.. none of that has changed, you can attack the whole
network but its integrity is still intact when it comes back up..

Its role as a decentralized, tamper resistant key storage solution is still
vital, and I would love it if we had the development going on to address
the stability issues, but thats simply not the case at this point in time
and until the actual integrity of the data the SKS network serves is
compromised there is no need for its death.. yes there are alternatives,
but those wont force enforcement of your precious GDPR, I can host all the
same keys any way I want and ignore all your requests for removal just the
same so your argument attacking SKS specifically is moot.

> Also do you think its good Mr Hunt that data can be uploaded onto these
servers such as peoples personal information without consent? This has
happened to a lot of people. And yet no one is interested in addressing
this!
I've proposed solutions to simply add more sanity/validation checks to make
sure keys are actual valid keys and limiting the overall size of keys to
prevent abuse, but overall I'm not terribly concerned.. there's a billion
places to make information public on the internet that is entirely out of
reach of your local authorities, SKS is rather ineffective means of making
information public since practically nobody is looking at the dataset as a
whole and are only querying information directly, and almost always
automated.. You are basically Gaslighting at this point.

> And are you against the GDPR?
Correct, the GDPR would be ruled unconstitutional in a heartbeat if someone
tried to implement it here.

> Do you even know what the GDPR covers?
Yes, quite well.. I unfortunately work with many forms of Digital
Compliance in my industry.

> what has Australia got to do with this?
Just another example of the road to hell is paved with good intentions..
Its a slippery slope you guys are already sliding down.. I can only think
of one operator that was forced to shut down for being liable for data
others posted publicly, and that was an Australian operator.. long before
the GDPR was drafted.. and nothing was accomplished, the data they tried to
take out of the public sphere still exists.. again SKS worked as designed,
the government was unable to stop the distribution of that data.. and its
still accessible, even within Australia.

> and where are you from Mr Hunt? America?
Yes, Colorado to be precise if you need to figure out what court to waste
your time with.

> There's plenty why you claim none im not sure, maybe we should test this
theory of yours?
Go for it, I am completely willing to face any government and the resulting
consequences to protect the integrity and availability of public
cryptography, if my government were to ever insist on compromising it again
in the future I would make it my mission to distribute the tools and spread
awareness despite any legal ramifications or any moral perspective, yeah I
might be assisting terrorists, child abusers, and other boogiemen; but
thats the price of cryptographically secure communications. The EU can
bring it on for all I care, this is a hill I'm fully prepared to die on,
and have been for a while.. I advocated for and distributed the tools 30
years ago when strong crypto was illegal to export from the United States,
and eventually we won that battle of attrition.

-R