In all honesty, as much as I would like to restore my own key server and
make it available as a public resource I think realistically looking at the
SKS software with objective eyes there are flaws that would have to be
addressed or the same situation would persist. The manner in which the
software operates is being exploited to the point it makes operations much
more work than it should be for what it provides. I've recently looked at
keys.openpgp.org while publishing my own keys and can definitely see how it
can mitigate some of the abuse the SKS software is falling victim to. At
this time I'm actually taking a closer look at the Hagrid software that is
being used as an alternative to SKS if I decide to reconstitute the
keyserver under my domain if the software looks like it will handle my
current environment better than SKS can.