Hi maybe the first thing to do before you go further Doug is contact skype
and find out if that was really how they wanted that alert to be setup. It
might be a bug and if so they might be willing to fix it for you verses you
having to do all this work.  

Jim Grimsby Junior.
Please feel free to contact me at anytime using one of the below methods.
Skype: Jim.Grimsby 909-498-4711.
E-mail: [email protected]
Windows live messenger: [email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Doug Lee
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 2:26 AM
To: screen access software with skype
Subject: Re: [Skypeenglish] Something I notice with the scripts and Skype.

That might indeed work, but it would take several minutes to reproduce
a f5-10 second test case, which translates to a few hours just
producing enough tests to code and verify.


You did give me an idea, but it didn't work:  There's a "Show an
example" link in the Notifications Options page, but pressing it
multiple times just replaces the alert, rather than adding to it as in
our problem case.  Darn...

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 11:04:33AM +0200, Gordan Radic wrote:
> Hi Doug!
> I can't help you with the questions but I have an idea how to reproduce 
> the situation.
> When you are online with Skype running, disable your Internet connection, 
> leave it for few minutes disabled and than enable it. Keep it disabled 
> for long enough for your contact list to clear. After enabling it again, 
> you'll have multiple sign ups and it's 99% you'll get this situation 
> reproduced.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Lee" <[email protected]>
> To: "screen access software with skype" <[email protected]>
> Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 9:14 AM
> Subject: Re: [Skypeenglish] Something I notice with the scripts and Skype.
>
>
>> The problem happens, apparently, when one or more people sign in at
>> once, then there is a pause of probably more than two but less than
>> five seconds, then someone else signs in or out.  From a message sent
>> yesterday, I understand that Skype then simply modifies the existing
>> systray alert to include the new information, rather than raising
>> another window.  This means there is no WindowCreatedEvent to alert
>> JAWS to the fact that a change occurred, so SkypeWatch does not
>> announce the update.  This would be much much easier to fix if I could
>> reproduce the problem easily on demand, but as you can gather from
>> this description, that's quite an undertaking.  Until yesterday, I
>> knew that Skype put multiple messages in one systray alert but did not
>> know that the set of messages could just change rather than being
>> replaced.
>>
>> So a couple of questions for anyone able to help provide info on this
>> one:  For these questions, assume that an alert appeared containing
>> two or three things, like a couple of sign-ins and a sign-out, then a
>> new one arrived and appeared in the window.  SkypeWatch will have said
>> the first two or three but not the last.  Questions:
>>
>> 1.  Does the new message reliably appear first, or last, or can it
>> appear amid the others that were already there?
>>
>> 2.  Is the newest message a different color, font, or anything else
>> visually obvious that makes it stick out from the ones that were
>> already there?
>>
>> 3.  Can any of the old messages disappear in order to make room for
>> the new one, or is there any other sort of scrolling behavior in the
>> window?  (I ask that one because this would change how MSAA IDs are
>> assigned to the messages I think.)
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 11:51:37AM -0700, Jim Grimsby JR. wrote:
>> Hi I cannot reproduce this.
>> Had two people sign in at the same time last night. Jaws said
>> Skype Crystal is on line Sarah is on line
>> It grouped them in to one message.  So this one I am afraid I cannot
>> reproduce.
>> Jim Grimsby Junior.
>> Please feel free to contact me at anytime using one of the below methods.
>> Skype: Jim.Grimsby 909-498-4711.
>> E-mail: [email protected]
>> Windows live messenger: [email protected]
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: [email protected]
>> [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Gordan Radic
>> Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 6:48 AM
>> To: screen access software with skype
>> Subject: Re: [Skypeenglish] Something I notice with the scripts and
Skype.
>>
>> Hi!
>> I quote:
>>>> 2: this is a problem, skypewatch doesn't announce the events sometimes.
>> I'm afraid I don't understand this one, even with the explanation that
>> was originally included with it.
>>
>> The problem looks like this:
>> If two or more persons sign up in the same time you'll hear the single  
>> sign
>> up sound and Jaws will say: "Johnny is online, Betty is online, Jimmy is
>> online". If someone signs in while the tray alert is still visible,
you'll
>> hear the sign up sound but Jaws will not say anything and Skype Watch
will
>> not register that event so you won't be able to hear who came online
using
>> the Alt + Shift +F9 stroke. I can't say does the name on the tray alert
>> change while this is happening, I can see the alert itself but I'm not  
>> able
>> to read what's on it. I believe this happens because in version 4.1 Skype
>> uses the single tray alert to announce who's online. In version 3.8 there
>> was a tray alert for every single event and I often had the situation
that
>> my right screen border was filled with alert boxes from bottom to top.  
>> Skype
>>
>> Watch could easily read one of them at the time and now, when it all
comes
>> in the same box, Skype Watch doesn't have the trigger to check for 
>> change. I
>>
>> suppose it triggers on tray alert pop up and reads it's  content but if
>> content change and there's no alert pop up to trigger Skype Watch, it's
>> unable to read it
>> Hope this clears the situation.
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Lee" <[email protected]>
>> To: <[email protected]>
>> Cc: "screen access software with skype" <[email protected]>
>> Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 3:17 PM
>> Subject: Re: [Skypeenglish] Something I notice with the scripts and
Skype.
>>
>>
>>> For some reason, it looks like I never saw the original message
>>> listing Skype problems, but I did get a reply to it that included
>>> the original message.  I saved that one, so I can comment on the
>>> requests now:
>>>
>>>>> 1: virtualizing the user profile:
>>>
>>> I have often considered that, but it can't be done the way it was
>>> before.  It would require use of the Skype API, and with JAWS, for
>>> some reason, there has always been a danger associated with doing
>>> that.  The danger is something I have explained many times on this
>>> list and has to do with what happens if your machine goes into a
>>> screen saver or is locked for security while JAWS has hold of a Skype
>>> API connection.
>>>
>>>>> 2: this is a problem, skypewatch doesn't announce the events
sometimes.
>>>
>>> I'm afraid I don't understand this one, even with the explanation that
>>> was originally included with it.
>>>
>>>>> 3: it's a suggestion: file transfer progress bar
>>>
>>> I don't see a way for me to script that.  I am aware of a tool tip
>>> that shows more info about a transfer than appears in the
>>> conversation's message list, but I have not found a reliable way to
>>> use that.  I am not aware of an actual progress bar for transfer
>>> progress being on screen in Skype 4.1 at all.  If someone has spotted
>>> a progress bar for file transfers in Skype 4.1 that is on screen
>>> consistently, not like a tooltip which comes and goes at will, please
>>> let me know.
>>>
>>>>> 4: it's a suggestion: contact categories
>>> (announcement of Expanded/Collapsed)
>>>
>>> Hmm... I've seen the "All other contacts" (approximate name) entry
>>> that responds to arrows, but not the categories you mention here.  The
>>> one I've seen does expand and collapse if you're sitting on it when
>>> you hit an arrow key, but unlike a tree, it does not work to hit
>>> leftArrow from an entry within a category to return to the category
>>> heading.  I'll try to remember to look into this one when I next log
>>> into Skype.
>>>
>>>>> 5: it's a bug and annoying really: using the login panel
>>> (announcement of alternative names on arrowing)
>>>
>>> I believe I already fixed that one in the latest released scripts.
>>> Can anyone out there verify whether arrows speak or not as you arrow
>>> through the edit combo of user name choices on the login screen?
>>> You'll need to have more than one account name in there to do this of
>>> course.
>>>
>>>>> 6: while editing profile.
>>> (fields not named)
>>>
>>> That one I fixed last night for the next script release.
>>>
>>> On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 11:42:25AM +0300, [email protected] wrote:
>>> hello!
>>>
>>> some days ago i shared the script problems and it was containing the
>>> editing profile problem.
>>>
>>> hope it will been fixed.
>>>
>>> Best Regards.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Doug Lee                 [email protected]                http://www.dlee.org
>>> SSB BART Group           [email protected]
>>> http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
>>> "Is your cucumber bitter? Throw it away. Are there briars in your
>>> path? Turn aside. That is enough. Do not go on to say, `Why were
>>> things of this sort ever brought into the world?'"
>>> --Marcus Aurelius
>>>
>>> Thanks for posting to the skype english list. To  access scripts for the
>>> latest version of skype go to
>>> http://www.dlee.org/skype
>>> To access tutorials and other goodies go to
>>> http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html
>>>
>>>
>>> To contact the list owner send a message to
>>> mailto:[email protected]
>>>
>>> to download a tool that will help install skypewatch for jaws users, 
>>> go to
>>
>>> this link.
>>> http://free-zg.t-com.hr/hkatic/swsetup.html
>>>
>>> and for a searchable archives page go here.
>>> http://bit.ly/64Y48
>>>
>>> thanks and have a wonderful day.
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Skypeenglish mailing list
>>> [email protected]
>>> http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com
>>
>>
>> Thanks for posting to the skype english list. To  access scripts for the
>> latest version of skype go to
>> http://www.dlee.org/skype
>> To access tutorials and other goodies go to
>> http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html
>>
>>
>> To contact the list owner send a message to
>> mailto:[email protected]
>>
>> to download a tool that will help install skypewatch for jaws users, go
to
>> this link.
>> http://free-zg.t-com.hr/hkatic/swsetup.html
>>
>> and for a searchable archives page go here.
>> http://bit.ly/64Y48
>>
>> thanks and have a wonderful day.
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Skypeenglish mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com
>>
>>
>> Thanks for posting to the skype english list. To  access scripts for 
>> the latest version of skype go to
>> http://www.dlee.org/skype
>> To access tutorials and other goodies go to
>> http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html
>>
>>
>> To contact the list owner send a message to
>> mailto:[email protected]
>>
>> to download a tool that will help install skypewatch for jaws users, go 
>> to this link.
>> http://free-zg.t-com.hr/hkatic/swsetup.html
>>
>> and for a searchable archives page go here.
>> http://bit.ly/64Y48
>>
>> thanks and have a wonderful day.
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Skypeenglish mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com
>>
>> -- 
>> Doug Lee                 [email protected]                http://www.dlee.org
>> SSB BART Group           [email protected]  
>> http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
>> "Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what
>> we can. {Ralph Waldo Emerson}
>>
>> Thanks for posting to the skype english list. To  access scripts for 
>> the latest version of skype go to
>> http://www.dlee.org/skype
>> To access tutorials and other goodies go to
>> http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html
>>
>>
>> To contact the list owner send a message to
>> mailto:[email protected]
>>
>> to download a tool that will help install skypewatch for jaws users, go 
>> to this link.
>> http://free-zg.t-com.hr/hkatic/swsetup.html
>>
>> and for a searchable archives page go here.
>> http://bit.ly/64Y48
>>
>> thanks and have a wonderful day.
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Skypeenglish mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com 
>
>
> Thanks for posting to the skype english list. To  access scripts for the
latest version of skype go to
> http://www.dlee.org/skype
> To access tutorials and other goodies go to
> http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html
>
>
> To contact the list owner send a message to
> mailto:[email protected]
>
> to download a tool that will help install skypewatch for jaws users, go to
this link.
> http://free-zg.t-com.hr/hkatic/swsetup.html
>
> and for a searchable archives page go here.
> http://bit.ly/64Y48
>
> thanks and have a wonderful day.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Skypeenglish mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com

-- 
Doug Lee                 [email protected]                http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group           [email protected]
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"There are no guarantees.  From a standpoint of fear, none are
strong enough.  From a standpoint of love, none are necessary."
- from Emmanuel's Book II

Thanks for posting to the skype english list. To  access scripts for the
latest version of skype go to
http://www.dlee.org/skype
To access tutorials and other goodies go to
http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html


To contact the list owner send a message to
mailto:[email protected]

to download a tool that will help install skypewatch for jaws users, go to
this link.
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/hkatic/swsetup.html

and for a searchable archives page go here.
http://bit.ly/64Y48

thanks and have a wonderful day.


_______________________________________________
Skypeenglish mailing list
[email protected]
http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com


Thanks for posting to the skype english list. To  access scripts for the latest 
version of skype go to
http://www.dlee.org/skype
To access tutorials and other goodies go to
http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html


To contact the list owner send a message to
mailto:[email protected]

to download a tool that will help install skypewatch for jaws users, go to this 
link.
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/hkatic/swsetup.html

and for a searchable archives page go here.
http://bit.ly/64Y48

thanks and have a wonderful day.


_______________________________________________
Skypeenglish mailing list
[email protected]
http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com

Reply via email to