Niels Horn wrote:
2009/9/22 Antonio Hernández Blas <hba.nihilis...@gmail.com>:
has anyone, or could someone made a build script for mysql-workbench?

I did one, you can find it here:
http://hba.ath.cx/projects/slackbuilds/testing/mysql-workbench-oss-5.1.18/

But as Niels Horn has mentioned, "it has too many dependencies... "
from gnome, so i installed first gnome from http://gnomeslackbuild.org
in slackware-13.0, then lua from SBo's repository and finally i
builded mysql-workbench using my SlackBuild. But seriously... gnome
still sucks for me. I'm gonna reinstall slackware and then try to get
mysql-workbench but without all the gnome thing.

-hba

I am an old-fashioned command-line guy, so I do everything in mySql
from a terminal window. But if you want a non-intrusive, more gui-like
interface, without installing any dependencies, take a look at
phpmyadmin, a web-based interface to mySql.
It works very well and there is a SlackBuild on SlackBuilds.org

Niels

I use phpMyAdmin. The original problem was that someone gave me a workbench data file and I needed to get the sql out of it. I ended up installing workbench on a widows machine, then dumping the database, which was actually kind of broken and I had to fix the sql in a text editor.

Thank You everyone who offered assistance.

--
Regards,

Jeff Rossi

Data Driven Design