Hi,

Some time ago earlier this year, I had some trouble with Catfish 1.2.2, which would build but not run. I never found the solution and ended up using an older version, which ran nicely.

I have a new dedicated build machine, and a few days ago, I started from a clean install. It's not a 100% "full" install, but reasonably full for an Xfce-based desktop. I've used this set of tagfiles for the installation:

http://www.microlinux.fr/microlinux/desktop-14.1-32bit/tagfiles/

Then I built and installed the following packages on this machine:

http://www.microlinux.fr/microlinux/desktop-14.1-source/

I built and installed Catfish's three explicit dependencies, in the following order:

1. pexpect
2. pyxdg
3. pygobject

After that, I built and installed Catfish.

The application would not start, and when I run 'catfish' from Xfce's terminal, I get the following error:

[kikinovak@buildbox:~] $ catfish

(catfish.py:23984): Gtk-WARNING **: Unknown property: GtkInfoBar.show-close-button
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/catfish/bin/catfish.py", line 44, in <module>
    catfish.main()
  File "/usr/share/catfish/catfish/__init__.py", line 73, in main
    window = CatfishWindow.CatfishWindow()
  File "/usr/share/catfish/catfish_lib/Window.py", line 49, in __new__
    new_object.finish_initializing(builder)
File "/usr/share/catfish/catfish/CatfishWindow.py", line 211, in finish_initializing
    if SudoDialog.check_dependencies(['locate', 'updatedb']):
File "/usr/share/catfish/catfish_lib/SudoDialog.py", line 54, in check_dependencies
    pexpect.TIMEOUT]) == 3:
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pexpect/__init__.py", line 1418, in expect
    timeout, searchwindowsize)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pexpect/__init__.py", line 1433, in expect_list
    timeout, searchwindowsize)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pexpect/__init__.py", line 1490, in expect_loop
    index = searcher.search(incoming, freshlen, searchwindowsize)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pexpect/__init__.py", line 1946, in search
    match = s.search(buffer, searchstart)
RuntimeError: internal error in regular expression engine

Which leaves me clueless.

Any idea what's wrong here? Some missing package? Some weird conflict? I admit I'm clueless, and I'm grateful if you have any suggestions.

Cheers,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr