On 03/13/2018 11:21 AM, B Watson wrote:
On 3/13/18, x80 <x...@telus.net> wrote:
ld returns an odd error "jack_rack-midi.o: undefined reference to symbol
'pthread_create@@GLIBC_2.2.5'

/lib64/libpthread.so.0: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command
line"

This is on a fully updated 14.2 box. I see no errors in the configure
log and all lib paths are ok.

I'm not quite sure how to get past this one.
Hm. The 2nd error message usually means "-lpthread" is missing,
during linking.

It builds fine on my fully-updated 64-bit 14.2 box...

Check the file /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/jack.pc and see if has a line
like this:

Libs: -L${libdir} -ljack -lpthread

Also, it's just occurred to me... are you using jack-audio-connection-kit
(AKA jack-0.125.0), or jack2 (AKA jack2-1.9.10)? I just recently took
over maintenance of jack2, but haven't done anything with it yet.

Yes it's jack2.
The Libs line in jack.pc looks like this:

Libs: -L/usr/lib64 -ljack

Seems it wasn't compiled with pthreads. I wonder if it's not a corrupt lib?