> Could you not post a notice to the forum to that effect? Or set up your
> email so that a relevant notification is automatically sent when
> receiving email?

I wonder if Debian Developers would put up with that.

> Otherwise, like I said, let's make sure that users are informed about
> the responsibilities of maintainers, and what to expect. Which, right
> now, and traditionally, seems to be whatever the maintainer wants. Which
> is fine; if that's what Slackbuilds offers, let's make it clear.

Ok, here's what to expect.

There are more than 7000 packages in the repo and more than 700
maintainers.  We cannot functionally test all that lot proactively. We
rely on the community to find and report problems.

If someone tells us something's bust, we try to fix it.  Out of respect
for our volunteer maintainers, we prefer to give the maintainer first
chance to do that.  If it's somebody we know has been active recently,
we give them plenty of time to respond.  If it's someone who hasn't
contributed in a long time, there's no point waiting and we will move
quicker.

But as admins we cannot be experts in every package in the repo. We
don't necessarily know even how to start most of it up. That's the
maintainer's job. In the absence of the maintainer, that's *your* job if
you use it.

We are also sometimes under a great deal of pressure to keep our repo
stable: not to be a rolling distribution on top of stable Slackware. We
explicitly don't chase the latest version of everything. Our last major
quality checkpoint and campaign of recontacting maintainers was at the
release of 14.2.  I expect we'll be doing that again for 15.0.

Meanwhile, thanks for the report.
-D.