On 4/3/2022 1:22 PM, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
For compatibility, the default will be one core/thread.  Please do not
remove.  This is a feature and not a bug.
You can just export MAKEFLAGS in your machine to achive same results Don't expect others to use same machine as yours and we often test those scripts in a VM with only small specs. We use -j1 explicitly only for those who failed to run on multiple cores, but as for the rest, we want to keep it like what we have now.
What about using "$(($(nproc) + 1))" or "$(($(nproc) -1))"?
  NUMJOBS=${NUMJOBS:$(($(nproc) + 1))}
or a safe default of
  NUMJOBS=${NUMJOBS:$(($(nproc) - 1))}

The 2nd option having the safety of saving 1 core or thread from being compiled on.