Il 21/02/24 21:15, Ruben Schuller ha scritto:
Hi Giancarlo, hi list!

Thank you for your mail! IIRC a while back I did submit an update to
msgpack-c which was reverted as something else broke, I'm not sure what
exactly. So having multiple SlackBuilds might well be required.

I did take up maintenance of msgpack-c as dependency of neovim. I don't
maintain neovim anymore so if you or anyone else wants to take it, that
would be fine.

Cheers
Ruben

I solved the issue given by new gtest version since the tests can be disabled passing the option OFF to cmake. I fixed also some warnings from cmake. Now the build of msgpack-c 3.3.0 works and it can be kept for compatibility with the previously mentioned slackbuild. I submitted the update of msgpack-c. I have also submitted two new slackbuilds (msgpack-c-c and msgpack-c-cpp) for lastest versions of msgpack that have separate implementation of C and C++.

Some slackbuilds cannot use new versions of this dependency because need to adapt the slackbuild and the .info file, so the name msgpack-c must be reserved to the legacy version 3.3.0, but an update for newer version can be useful for future uses.

To manage possible issues given by other users I've proposed myself as new maintainer of all these packages but if you would maintain them feel free to take my place: I was interested only to solve the issue with mmtf-cpp.

Greetings

Giancarlo Dessì
https://www.giand.it
https://github.com/giandex