I'm clearly missing something obvious, but I absolutely cannot figure out how to change the logging level in either my build.gradle file or my actual Java code. I want DEBUG level, but I can't seem to find the right thing to twiddle. What am I missing?

My build.gradle files has these dependencies:

dependencies {

    compile 'org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.21'

    compile 'org.slf4j:slf4j-simple:1.7.21'

I don't want to use command line options for various reasons. (The primary reason being that Buildship (Eclipse gradle integration) doesn't seem to cooperate very well with them).

slf4j-user mailing list