It works. As pointed out in the comment,
"        // We shouldn't pretty print (indent) the output, since this may
        // potentially corrupt the property values."

> I wasn't aware of this way of connecting from Windows, it
> indeed mounts
> or map a drive pretty much like the NetDrive/WebDrive tools
> do. Somebody

Since this "redirector" comes from XP, it is more convenient.

> was asking about this recently, and NetDrive was the only suggestion.
> Microsoft says that it works like the SMB/CIFS redirector. However, I
> read reports that it is very buggy: doesn't like IP address,
> only port
> 80 supported, this issue with spaces in the XML. I tested it but I
> couldn't get authentication to work. But it works when you set Slide
> without authentication. Are you using authentication? If so, anything
> special about getting it to work.

Yes the redirector has some problems, but it is possible to find a route
through the problems, if certain limitations are acceptable. All tests are
done on XP SP2.

The redirector only supports port 80.

XP SP2 natively only supports Digest authentication. If you need Basic
authentication, you need to follow this
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;841215

For the name problem, here is some help:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315621

A workaround is to use a command like this

"net use * http://machine/slide /user:root root".

The "machine" can be localhost, an IP address, and a full DNS name.

The Map Network Drive also works, just specify the correct username and
password by "using a different user name".

The web server needs some configuration. Jetty 5.1.2 needs to set a realm
which includes user "root" with password "root" (with a lines looks like
this "root: OBF:1ym51x1b1x1b1ym9, root"). Some older Jetty versions did not
get digest authentication correct.

Regards,
Jie Ren