Alan Wood wrote:
*Note*
I also tell customers to enter the full URL including port into the address when they are adding a web folder (even though 80 is default of course) this prevents Microsoft's intefering user/login management automatically adding domain information to the user name!! Weird but true!!

So now i really have a dilema if i wish to use port 80 (but dont specify port in the url) the user can't enter the username as windows interferes!! Has anyone found another way around this, forgive me I am not a Windows expert.
How does one prevent windows (XP and 2000) from automatically converting login usernames to domain qualified ones?

e.g. when adding a web folder using the wizard one enters the userName 'fred' and password 'fredspassword' then windows converts this into '[EMAIL PROTECTED]/files' for instance.

I probably should have that on my issues list, too (and cross-link the two issues). Does this issue have an KM article? In which webfolder versions does it occur?

Regards, Julian