From: Krishna Kankipati [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 7:38 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: 403 Forbidden Error when uploading a file using DAV Exploere

Hi,
        I have Slide2.0 installed on Websphere 5.0 App server. In the
present environment I have disabled authentication and authorization as
mentioned in the Slide docs as follows:

To dis-able authentication: (from Slide doc)

To disable authentication, open the webapp deployment descriptor, i.e.
WEB-INF/web.xml in the webapp directory, and uncomment the two elements
given by the xpath expressions /web-app/security-constraint and
/web-app/login-config:

To dis-able authorization: (from Slide doc)

To disable access control, search for a configuration file named
slide.properties in the classpath (if not there, you can create a new one at
e.g. $CATALINA_HOME/common/classes) and set or add:
org.apache.slide.security=false

When I try to upload a file using DAV Explorer or create a collection under
/files context, I get the following error:

[7/22/04 17:24:42:346 MDT] 7926d6a8 SystemOut     O
Servlet.Engine.Transports : 1, 22-Jul-2004 17:24:41, , PUT, 403 "Forbidden",
391 ms, /

I have tried all configuration settings, nothing seems to work, I have been
stuck with this for past few days. Can any Slide experts among you help me
get out this situation. I also tried using DAV Client command tool to run a
few commands. When I run the command "cd files", I get an error: "Warning:
Not found the path"

C:\JavaApps\WebdavClient\jakarta-slide-webdavclient-bin-2.0\bin>run.bat
[ Slide ] $ open http://localhost:9080/webdav-server/
connect http://localhost:9080/webdav-server/
[LOCALHOST] /webdav-server/ $ pwd
/webdav-server/
[LOCALHOST] /webdav-server/ $ cd files
Warning: Not found the path

Any help here is highly appreciated, thanks in advance ....

kind regards,

Krishna

Krishna Kankipati
Software Engineer
SSA Global
*       1626 Cole Blvd. Golden, CO 80401, USA
*  303-274-3027
Fax:    303-274-3137
*  [EMAIL PROTECTED]