Try issueing a 'proppatch' command with the full path to the resource.

By the way, I agree that the command line client needs to be rewritten. I was looking on an approach using 'java-readline' (http://java-readline.sourceforge.net), in order to avoid parsing problems and permit a better control over the history for instance.

Regards,
-J.B

[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :

Hi, I have problems using the propput command in the slide command line
client:
The help message tells me
"propput path property value   Set property with given value"
when I try "propput <somePath> property value"
I get the error message
"Error: invalid command: <somePath>"

It always tries to interpret the second argument as command. Looks like
there is some parsing problem maybe. Or do I missunderstood the command's
syntax again?

Regards,
Frank