On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 20:49:07 +0900, Carlos Villegas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just to let you know that I've actually started working on the new RDBMS
> store based on the Apache OJB O/R tool. I don't want to duplicate
> efforts nor waste my limited time so I just want to make sure this is
> going to be useful before I get too deep into it. Is this Ok?

I think this would be great :) I promise I will help where I can!

I have already had a look at OJB and submitted a patch that allows to
map SQL exceptions that are caused by concurrency conflicts like
deadlocks to special subclasses of PersistenceBrokerSQLException. I
have extracted this from the Slide core and adapted it to OJB.

> BTW, what package should I put it in, org.apache.slide.store.ojb ?
> I see that while most of the stores are located under
> org.apache.slide.store the current rdbms stores are in
> org.apache.slide.store.impl !

org.apache.slide.store.ojb should be fine, but
org.apache.slide.store.impl.ojb is ok as well.
The org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms package is named as such for
historical reasons.

Oliver