From: Brian DeHaven <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: JCA adapter question
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:44:06 -0500

I have the JCA adapter mostly working in weblogic, but this isn't really a
weblogic specific question. If no one has converted it yet, only a few
changes were needed so far.. such as using interfaces so you can cast the
connection proxy to something useful by the client.

I'm running into a problem with the
WebDAVManagedConnectionFactory.matchManagedConnections call, however. Once
one connection is created, this method always matches with the first
created connection and never returns null.. thus no new connections are
ever created beyond the first one. I'm unsure if the Set of connections
passed in represents all connections (active or inactive) or should only
include inactive connections. In other words, who should be determining
that a new connection needs to be created? This matchManagedConnections
method or the creator of the Set of connections being considered for a
match?

I want to be sure this functionality (adding new connections at runtime
beyond the first one) is working in JBoss, so I know if this is a weblogic
issue or a coding issue of the JCA adapter. Thanks for any help.