sequential-mode = write blocks *all other* write requests. As the
parent folder is modified as well it is certainly also locked by the
database.

Actually, Slide hasn't been designed with much consideration for high
concurrency as it seems.

Did you try the version with the fine-grain locks and low database
isolation? I would be interested in the results...

Cheers

Oliver