Hi,
us you read the answer to my question in the Jackrabbit User-mailing
list you know, that jackrabbit does not want to replace slide. It is
focused on the jsr-170 compatible store and not on webdav. (No ACLs, no
Events, no Bindings) And this can't change, because their webdav server
should run on any jsr-170-container.
In my small search I didn't find an opensource project that is on the
level that slide was. Did you?

Yours
 Arne

Dipl.-Phys. Arne v.Irmer