I think we can further simplify our component api and base more on the
well-known servlet-api.

ComponentRequestDispatch

I think we can just remove this one and directly use the
RequestDispatcher interface. The implementation we provide can inspect
the passed request object - if its a ComponentRequest it might adds a
special handling for that.

ComponentContext

If we remove the ComponentRequestDispatcher there is no need for an own
ComponentContext anymore, and we can directly use the ServletContext.

ComponentSession

If we remove the ComponentContext, we can also directly use the servlet
Session object. Currently the ComponentSession has some methods for
handling component private session data. We could move this into an
utility class (like the ComponentSessionUtil) - I think session data and
especially component private session data will be rarely used, so
there shouldn't be a problem in moving this to an utility class.

WDYT?

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler