On 2 Jul 2008, at 12:21, Bryce Ewing wrote:

I understand what he is saying here, but I am curious as to why you say CMS in particular?

My guess is that it comes down to flexibility. It's sort of the same argument that structure prohibits flexibility. Reference integrity is not very often needed, and causes much more headaches down the road. Imagine if you couldn't remove an article you created simply because some other article someone else created is linked to it.

Maybe you can store the actual UUID in a string instead of using a reference? It would be similar to a reference, as it uses the UUID internally, just that reference integrity is not maintained if the document the UUID belong to is deleted.

--
Torgeir Veimo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]