The last comment in tazpkg by me is to fix pcmanfm tazpkg. I was able to
install packages and extract packages in pcmanfm and command line. So i
don't see a problem with this fix.

http://hg.slitaz.org/tazpkg/rev/24fb30f4e061

I added udevadm trigger back in only cause mouse and keyboard doesn't work
in virtualbox otherwise. This would mean that slitaz will never be usable in
virtualbox for testing. That would kill alot of users that just want to try
it out in virtualbox. Also if this bug is on newer hardware will cause
people to not even use slitaz. Also i think you had the same problem before
i add udevadm trigger back in. The udevadm trigger bug goes back before i
started using my own packages. So this is not a bug on my end.

http://bugs.slitaz.org/issue1

Also remember that tank is running on stable. I run on cooking on the host.
So the bugs on tank maybe stable itself now. You may need a fresh install of
cooking. Wait for my tank iso before doing this. I still have a lot of
testing with it to do.

I recommend we not make tank some magic server. It will have to have
standards for it work in cooking and stable. With my mirror iso i should be
able to use changes and home boot options so we can save home directly and
have changes for system files.

PS I'm testing the rolling iso. Its working just fine in virtualbox so i
don't see your problem. Also if Pascal can't build the iso then how come its
build and working just fine.

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Christophe Lincoln <[email protected]>wrote:

>
>
> > cookutils is going to have to wait until 5.0 or even 6.0. It can't
> > install any depends at all when building a package. Also there is no
> > version checking like with tazwok. We can't do a undigest or cooking
> > folder yet.
> >
> > We have 4.0 stable that should have a RC out by now. Your going to
> > have to learn tazwok pankso. I don't want tank to be this magic box
> > where packages will break cause it has all packages install on it
> > again.
>
> cook installs deps before cooking and remove them after, what are you
> saying ?
>
> We do NOT have a stable repo. Pascal can't build the daily ISO since
> TazPKG is broken from your last commit. I'm unable to make a working ISO
> for Cooking or RC since Kernel/udev is broken. We are struggling about 6
> month to make Tazwok work on Tank, so it's him who must wait until 5.0
> or even 6.0 before it is usable be commom people.
>
> It is not a question about learning Tazwok, I used it last month, but
> we are the only 3... I got private mail and here on the list also,
> people asking me to revert changes and come back to something simpler.
>
> I have a question for you: when your build/test iso with VB, do you
> build them with official packages or you local one ? Because I'm getting
> crazy with your revert change on udev in slitaz-boot-scripts, we have
> many people having bug with udev and I even cant boot with you last
> changes because always getting stuck at trigger call.
>
> > Last thing we want is cookutils to break everything in mirror too. I
> > think the best thing i can do is get my 1gb mirror tank iso release
> > this weekend.
> >
> > I hope you can test it to help make it work better.
>
> I will test it.
>
> - Christophe
>
> ---
> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/
>
>

Reply via email to