Hi

I just reinstalled my pc with a dual boot between Corel Linux 1 and RH 6.1.
PPP worked fine on RH6.0 for connecting to my NT box at Work and to my linux
based ISP using Kppp or the netcfg thingy. Now I can't get either RH or
Corel to connect to anything. I did manage to get Corel to connect to work
by using the pppconfig prog and doing 'pon Work'. When I look in the message
log on the RH installation, it says something about PPP unable to
authenticate, disconnected. I am trying to connect using PAP authentication.
I tried to connect interactively using the console, but the connection just
dies after Connect 57600 comes up. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

As an aside, I must say that I am mostly very impressed with the Corel Linux
offering. The whole thing is very 'together' and feels like a unified
operating system, rather the the 'sum of many parts' feel one gets using RH.
The file manager and easy integration into NT networks will really ease the
integration of Linux based PC's into networks dominated on that other OS.
The graphical boot is also much more non-techie friendly. There are still a
few kinks to sort out to be sure, but this is definately the way to go to
win the hearts and minds of the wayward masses! Would of been nice if it
shipped with enlightenment too as kde is, well a little boring on the eye.

Cheers,

----------------------------------------------------------
Tim Sutton
Cape Nature Conservation

----------------------------------------------------------


--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to