G'day all,
Quick question of sorts. Will you the background, hopefully I will explain
it in a way that makes sense. Basically I have a linux machine with 4
network interfaces.
thus;
eth0 = 203.x.x.x subnet (live internet ip addresses)
eth1 = 192.168.1.x (no ip-masq, http proxy access only)
eth2 = 192.168.2.x (no ip-masq, http proxy access only)
ppp0 = 139.130.x.x bigpond direct allocated ip
Squid proxy is running on this machine and is pointing to the new whiz bang
telstra hardware cache boxes. ie. sydney.cache.telstra.net I think it is.
The questions are about to come. I have a machine plugged into the network
for 192.168.1.x as say 192.168.1.29, and I have set my IE to use the proxy
on this linux machine. When the machine makes a request for the web service
hosted on 203.x.x.x as say www.thisdomain.com, squid can be sometimes seen
to ask the telstra cache and thus download it from there if it has it. But I
don't want this to happen, and wanted to see if anyone could shed light on
it. I can't recall ever seeing any config directives for squid to tell it
not to cache certain domains, or ie ask its parent cache to make the request
on its behalf. Anyone care to help me fix the issue? or give ideas?
Thanks in advance..
Cheers
Michael
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text