On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 02:33:18AM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have setup some ipchains rulesets for a small network
> running cable/masq i have auth running on gateway and local machine i run irc but 
>get cannot find identd please install. Now if i use irc at gateway all works but any 
>sub box it dont, I tryed fooling with the ipchains rules but couldnt figure it out ? 

As far as the rest of the world is concerned; only your gateway machine
is accessable. What you run on your internal network isn't accessable
to the outside world.

> also is it possable not to run auth on the gateway just get it to forward all 
>requests to the machine running ident ?
> I couldnt quit figure out how to do it any help would be great

As long as you are running a 2.2 kernel (`uname -a' will tell you) you
should use ipmasqadm's portfw (port forwarding) facility.

Anand
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to