> Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 00:25:57 +1000 (EST) > From: Andrew Macks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Subject: [SLUG] [Kinda OT] Weird tty arrangement > > Just wondering if anybody could lend a few ideas on how to achieve the > following. > > I have a link looking like this: > > Box A (Win 98) > | Intranet > | Linux Box > | Internet > | Linux Box > | Intranet > | Box B (Win 2000) > > > What I would like to do is mimic a COM port on Box A which is linked to > another pretend COM port on Box B. > > Does anybody have much experience which programs which do this and where I > can obtain them from? > > What I am trying to do is get a game of Transport Tycoon Deluxe going over > the Internet :) > > We've tried an IPX gateway, but it's putting too much traffic and the > latency is killing it. The game also has null modem & modem options, > which I'm hoping have less bloated packet algorithms. If it hasn't been answered already it would be relatively easy to setup a virtual serial cable for the Windows boxes to plug into at each end. The two linux boxes would have to have a spare serial port each and one would have to initiate the connection. You just run null modem cables from the Windows boxes to the linux boxes. ---<GRiP>--- Grant Parnell [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) Ph: 02-8701-4564 Mob: 0408-686-201 Web: http://www.poboxes.com/gripz No Microsoft products were used in the production of this message. -- SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with unsubscribe in the text
