On 15 Feb, [EMAIL PROTECTED] scribbled:
->  Ian Tester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
->  > If I work up the courage, I'll take back the D-link and get some nice
->  > Intel EtherExpress-100 or Tulip cards from someone else!
->
->  I've got a "thing" about the Intel Etherexpress cards after all
->  the trouble we had with them at work.  I've rabbited on before
->  about them, we now only use 3COM 905B 10/100 cards now and
->  have never had a problem (connecting to Cisco gear).  The reason
->  I bought the Dlink instead is it's way cheaper, I am happy
->  with the Dlink 650-TXD pcmcia card I bought for my laptop and I
->  don't need top performance for my home network.

as a matter of fact the eepro "problems" basically resulted in intel
pointing a finger at cisco for generating malformed ehternet packets...
and sicso pointing a finger at intel saying its a perfectly fine packet
and that intle just dont handle all proper packets right.

in the ned theres patches in the kernel now that fix the eepro problem
- draga (one of the guys here at va) fixed it.

->  Second point, returning things to Hardly Normal is no problem.
->  I returned a modem that didn't work properly, but I wanted to
->  swap it for a more expensive model (and pay the difference) so
->  that probably helped.  A previous occasion was years ago I
->  returned a crap sound card and CDROM combo.  They took some
->  convincing then, I had to speak to the manager, mention phrases
->  like "it doesn't work as advertised", "trade practices act" and
->  generally hang around making a nuisance of myself but I got a
->  full refund.
->
->  Dave.
->
->

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     [EMAIL PROTECTED]