Hi,

Redhat 6.2

I am using LPR to print.

If I send a print job to remote printer on a PC running a LP daemon the
print job goes through fine. If I try and print to the local printer
attached to the server by a parallel cable 9 times out of 10 the job seems
to sit in the queue until I turn the printer off and on and then it prints.

This is not specific to one system, I have 3 Linux machines all having the
same problem.

The printers are OKI Microlines in all cases.

If I move one of the printers to a pc and print remotely then it prints
fine.

I just need some pointers as to what could be causing this and what to look
for or change etc.

regards

Alister Waller