On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 03:41:23PM +1000, Del wrote:
> > Linux Australia (http://www.linux.org.au/) have a recruitment database
> > which is suitable for this purpose.
>
> I've seen that, but it's rather out of the mind's eye.  If someone needs
> a Linux person in a hurry then I can't see what's wrong with a post here.
> Can we perhaps restrict the format ... perhaps make the poster put the
> ad onto linux.org.au and then just post a 2 liner with the URL here?

That would be an excellent idea and a possible compromise. I have placed an
ad myself on Linux Aust last year but at the time also mentioned on this
list that I was looking for a programmer (and a got a really good SLUG one
too). Thats why I would not like to see ads totally banned. They have a
place. There are prob many young programmers here that may get their first
nibble at some commercial work and get experience by seeing an ad here. So I
would support a 2 liner pointing to a URL at Linux Aust or some other place.

Mike
--
You definitely intend to start living sometime soon.

Michael Lake, University of Technology, Sydney
Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Ph: 02 9514 1724 Fx: 02 9514 1628
Home: http://www.speleonics.com.au
Linux enthusiast, active caver and interested in anything technical.