This might be ugly.. well actually it would be way ugly but it's an answer
from left field. how about setting up a (free) dynamic dns account
(http://www.dyndns.org) and point your mail to that which in turn points to
your ip (there are scripts u can download and run which update the dns
automatically when you connect to the net (run script from /etc/ppp/ip-up).

I don't know how well this would work in practice, but I use them for a
domain and used to get email sent to it until my uni blocked smtp at the main
connection to the net.. haven't bothered telling everyone to swap back to old
email address yet.. but performance wise they are pretty good. 5 min latency
max in changing ip addresses.

Paul

On Sunday 24 June 2001 12:17, enterfornone mumbled something about: