Hi all,

Just setting up Apache conf file and I have the following:

<DirectoryMatch ^/home/.*/public_html>
Options Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
AllowOverride None
# MRL added next 3 lines
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 130.10.11.12     # allow from my own IP addr
# allow from localhost      # why does this not work?
</DirectoryMatch>

I seem to have to put my static IP addr in there for it to work.
Putting localhost does not work in any of the directives.
It would be preferable in case my IP addr changes sometime.
Why? What am I doing wrong.

Mike
that ain't the real IP addr.
--
Michael Lake, University of Technology, Sydney
Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Ph: 02 9514 1724 Fx: 02 9514 1628