On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Alister Waller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote...

: I have the scripts done as I said, its how I can run them without being root
: thats the issue.
:
: if I can't then root it is :)
:

I'm pretty sure somewhere along the line, you have to run it as root.
I've seen sudo suggested - however there (can be) flaws with sudo. For
writing more secure sudo-like scripts, try "super"

 Super allows specified users to execute scripts (or other commands)
 as if they were root; or it can set the uid and/or gid on a
 per-command basis before executing the command.  It is intended to be
 a secure alternative to making scripts setuid root.

I've found that for some scripts, say doing something with a tape unit,
that super fit my needs much better than sudo. YYMV.

HTH.

*dopey