Next SLUG Meeting - Friday, 26th October, 2001

     * When: 6:30pm - about 9pm (then dinner, etc)
     * Where: UTS, Central Sydney: http://slug.org.au/slugmeet.shtml

The Usual Suspects - 6:30pm

     * Q&A - "What has Linux done for/to me lately?"
     * Linux News & Discussion

Jeff on Practical LDAP

   Understanding, implementing and administering LDAP in a Free Software
   environment. LDAP is a standard protocol for directory services, which
   are commonly used for business information storage, centralised
   authentication and address books. But that's not all...

Erik on The Problem of Casting from Floating Point Values to Integers and
Why it Matters.

   You may have read one of Erik's great hacking books... Now you can
   hear him at SLUG!

Dinner - about 9pm

   After the meeting at the House of Boiled Television Entrails. The real
   name is of course, "The House of Guang Zhou", and you'll find it in
   Haymarket (especially if you follow the crowd at the end of the night).

See you there!

- Jeff

--
    "Stay away from my house, you freak! Can't you see that everyone is
             buying station wagons?" - Neal Stephenson, ITBWTCL