Jeff Waugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> <quote who="Mehmet Ozdemir">
>
> > does anyone no why there would be a huge difference. I had to delete some
> > file just to retrieve my mail, so the file system definitely thinks it's
> > full ??
>
> df -h is going to give you the most accurate result. Nautilus is probably
> getting it wrong because your user can't read every file in that
> filesystem.

that, and most filesystems come with a certain amount of space
reserverd for root. you can change this with tune2fs -m x /dev/drive
where drive is your device and x the percentage of space you want to
reserve for root.

this isn't necessary on a partition for /home, but is useful on /.

cheers,

--
Damien Elmes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]