Is this MYOB plain or MYOB Premier?

I haven't had the chance to try MYOB on a Linux server as the one client
of mine who uses MYOB Premier has just ditched me because he wanted to
upgrade to a M$ SBS server and I wasn't prepared to recommend it to him.
I guess the new consultant will have the chance to fleece him big time for
supporting M$.

What I have been successful with though is Attache on Linux and they say
that that is not supported on Linux, but it works fine.  The only caveat
is that shitty M$ programs are very non-deterministic about whether they
generate file names in upper or lower case.  It doesn't matter to M$ but
it does matter to Linux.  When doing a system compression in Attache this
can cause new files to be created with a case that is different from the
old files.  When Attache next gets run it is non-deterministic about which
file it uses, the upper case or the lower case file.  As you can imagine
this can stuff things up big time.  The answer is to make Samba force the
case, which is not difficult.

I wouldn't mind betting that this sort of problem is why MYOB say that it
is not supported on Linux, and that it is not a locking problem at all.

All I know, is my client whom I switched his Attache from a M$ server to a
Linux server couldn't be happier.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people