On my imac running Debian woody, I have this entry in  /etc/sysctl.conf:

dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation = 1
dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode = 87
dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode = 88

This gives me a middle button with F11 and a right button with F12.

Then restart procps with:
/etc/init.d/procps.sh restart

Not sure about the /dev/input/mice thing but there is some discussion
about it on the ppc list archive.

There is an issue with keyboard codes - can't remember how I solved this
exactly, but the debian ppc list archive is a good source of info - you
might have to google that one as I gotta get back to the studio.

Denis Crowdy

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 08:28:39AM +1000, David wrote:

> I've installed Debian on my iBook... now I need to know how to right click
> on a single button mouse.
>
> Suggestions welcome.
>
> While on the subject... X windows knows the trackpad/USB mouse as a ps/2
> on /dev/input/mice. I worked this out by a process of trial and error.
> Does anyone know the logic of this? Why isn't it /dev/input/mouse0 or
> /dev/mouse or /dev/psaux? Is there a URL that explains it?
>

> David.
>
> --

Department for Contemporary Music Studies
Macquarie University
NSW 2109 Australia, ph: +61 (0)2 9850 6787, fax: 9850 6593