On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 07:38:41AM +1000, Jan Schmidt wrote:
> I've only ever seen trouble with Intellimeeces when uses them through gpm...
> if I get gpm out of the way, then the meece run fine. The symptom I see
> using gpm is that X will get confuses and push the cursor up against the
> edges of the screen regardless of how you move it.

You can usually get an Intellimouse working with gpm using
an /etc/gpm.conf like:

device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=
repeat_type=raw
type=imps2
append=""

And /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 containing:

Section "InputDevice"

Identifier  "Mouse1"
Driver      "mouse"
Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
Option "Device"      "/dev/gpmdata"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

EndSection

The important thing is to set gpm's repeat type to raw, and
use IMPS/2 as the protocol and /dev/gpmdata as the device
when configuring X.