Hi
thanks for ximian red carpet, it  rocks!
though red-carpet-1.2.1-ximian.2.i586.rpm can't seem to upgrade RPM 3 to 4,
or upgrade to more recent Mandrake; maybe coz its built for mdk 7.0.  the
attempting to use  red-carpet-1.3.4-1.ximian.3.i586.rpm for mdk 8.2 will not
install, as dependency failures with  glibc, rpm etc

Slug archives disguss deb upgrade from RPM3 to 4 and I couldn't find mention
of using RH rpm to upgrade from RPM 3 to 4, or in other linux lists, even mdk
lists.

a little ironic....

maybe I get a set of Mdk 8.2 cds
or just grin and bear it and migrate to deb.....

it seems to be much smoother, though on first go, v  much more overwhelming
for this linux newbie

On Sun, 2002-07-21 at 19:50, Russell Davie wrote:

> or just go the the full upgrade to mandrake 8.2?

This is by far the easiest solution.

Take a look in the slug archives, there is probably a way around this in
there.  I remember some pointers to this when RH updated to RPM 4 a
while back.

You might try red carpet from ximian, when I was Red Hatting this
upgraded some stuff very quickly and easily.

KenF