<quote who="David Fitch">

> > In gnomecc, under the GTK+ theme section.
>
> that's set the title bars of windows but not the menus and other bits.

Er... The only way to change that in sawfish (assuming you're using it) is
under the sawfish section in gnomecc... Hmm.

> It appears to have only affected things by the window manager.  An example
> is the gnome-terminals, the top title bar is now a nice smaller font but
> the menubar (with "File Edit Settings Help") still has large fonts
> (probably about 14 point I'd guess and I want probably 10).

Okay, run 'gnomecc' and go into the Desktop > Theme Selector capplet.
There's a frame in there called "User Font". Check "Use custom font" and hit
the button below to choose a font.

If you're using a wacky GTK+ theme, it may be setting the font. If that's
the case (most theme authors are kind enough to not do that), you'll have to
remove that bit from the gtkrc file. I doubt this is the problem however.

GNOME 2 is far more sensible in this regard - there's a lot less clutter and
mess. Hooray.

- Jeff

--
      "Love never misses the chance to put the boot in." - Kelly, SLOU